Santa claus is coming to town, so let's try this cake recipe...:D. If you love chocolate cakes, you will love this recipe, so soft, so fluffy yet not sinful. I've used just few tablespoons of butter. Frankly, this recipe is not mine, I came across this recipe while learning about the boiling water-cocoa awesome technique, it actually intensifies the chocolate taste and makes your cake soft, so thought of sharing it with you. I mostly use yogurt frosting on cakes, but you can choose any frosting you like. I find yogurt frosting healthier, easier and tastier. Anyways, have a great christmas and celebrate life....Merry Christmas!!!!
You need1 2\3 cup all purpose flour
1 1\2 cup sugar
3\4 cup cocoa powder
1 1\2 cup boiling water
6 tablespoon butter (softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla essense
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
4 cups thick yogurt
1 cup sugar ( or more)
Method1. Mix cocoa powder in boiling water. Keep aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven at 170 C. Line two 7 inch pan with greased wax paper.
3. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar till it mixes well.
5. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well.
6. Now alternatively, add 3 tablespoons flour mix and 1 tablespoon cocoa mix. Then again 3 tbsp flour mix and 1 tbsp cocoa mix and so on till both mixes finish. Mix well.
7. Pour the batter equally into the two cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Cool cakes for 10 minutes in pan, then cool completely on wire rack.
9. Place the first layer, spread half of the frosting. Cover with the other layer and spread rest of the frosting. Decorate the top with fruits and nuts. Serve chilled.