Hope you all had a great start of 2015! Wish you even greater year ahead!!!
This is my first recipe of this new year and I love this chicken recipe, specially with steamed rice! Not too many spices, creaminess of cashewnuts and perfect blend of all the ingredient makes this recipe very tasty. Hope you like it!!
You need1 kg chicken (with bones)
5 medium onions (very thinly sliced)
8 garlic cloves
1/3 cup cashewnuts
4 large tomatoes (puréed)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup cream
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch long cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
salt to taste
4 tablespoon oil
Method1. Soak cashewnuts in warm water for few minutes. Then blend them with garlic cloves into a smooth paste. Add enough water to make a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a wok, fry cumin seeds, coriander seeds and cinnamon stick till fragrant. Add and fry onions till golden brown (5-8 minutes).
3. Put cashew paste, onion powder, curry powder, chilli powder and coriander stems and sauté for 3 minutes. Sprinkle some water so that it doesn't stick to the bottom, keep stirring.
4. Add and coat chicken well in the mix. Cook for 15 minutes.
5. When the chicken changes colour ,add tomato purée and cook for another 20-25 minutes or till done.
6. Lastly add lemon zest and cream. Mix gently.
Enjoy with Steamed rice or naan!!!