You need1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (heaped) powdered sugar
1/3 cup orange juice (approx. 2 oranges)
1/2 cup dried black currants
2 tablespoon butter (melted and cooled)
1 teaspoon orange rind
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
pinch of salt
Method1. Preheat oven at 160 C. Line a 7x 1- 1\2 inch pan with butter paper.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3. Melt the butter, grate the orange rind and squeeze out orange juice.
4. In another bowl, whisk eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar. Mix well till sugar dissolves completely.
5. Now add the flour mix (2 tablespoon at a time). Lightly fold in the flour.
6. Pour the orange juice, mix again.
7. Finally add vanilla, melted butter and black currants.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Cool and enjoy with tea (or coffee) !!!!!