My love for jams made me try this recipe, though its a relish and can be taken in many ways, but I love to have it on a crisp toast (with some fresh cream). This relish is a fresh, healthy and tasty way to satisfy your sweet taste buds and can be a good Christmas gift option for your family and friends! Apricots and strawberries are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and dietary fibres and this relish is good way to add them in your diet. If you don't like apricots (huh?...really!! :P), you can use dates, figs, sultanas or raisins, in fact just play with any juicy berries or fruit, with any chewy dried fruit. This relish is easy to prepare and so divine! If you are gifting it to somebody, do specify the best before time (see step-6 below). Hope you like it!!!!
You need2 cups strawberries (chopped)
1 cup dried apricot (chopped)
juice of 3 oranges
1/3 cup sugar (or less)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (chopped)
Method1. In a pan add orange juice and sugar. Stir together till the sugar melts.
2. Add dried apricots and cook till the mixture thickens and apricots softens a little.
3. Now add strawberries, vinegar and cinnamon powder. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Lastly add mint leaves. Mix well.
5. When cooled, put the relish in a glass jar. Store in refrigerator .
6. Use with in 5 days Or can be freeze upto 2 months.