I just love this cake, so easy, so quick, so soft and of course low-fat!!! I've used yogurt instead of cream and very little butter. You can also add fruits of your choice for the topping. I usually bake this cake on birthdays as it is very easy and quick, but it is also perfect for busy Christmas days. So impress your guests with this fuss-free yet fancy cake and enjoy together! Hope you like it!!
You need1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1\2 cup milk
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1\2 teaspoon pineapple essense
1\4 teaspoon salt
For frosting3 cups thick yogurt
1\4 cup powdered sugar
For topping2 cups strawberries (chopped)
1\2 cup dried black currents
OR any fruits you like
1 tablespoon sugar
chocolate bar (grated)
Method1. Preheat oven at 170 C.
2. Grease and lightly flour two 8x 1-1\2 inch cake pans. Keep aside.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In another bowl, beat eggs for 3-4 minutes, gradually add sugar and mix together till light and fluffy.
5. Now add flour mix 2 spoons at a time.
6. In a pan, warm the milk and butter, till butter melts. Add pineapple essense.
7. Add warm milk into the egg mixture. Mix well until combined.
8. Pour the cake batter equally in the two cake pans lined with butter paper.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes or till done. Remove and cool completely (I removed from the pan after 8 minutes)
10. Make frosting by simply mixing sugar and yogurt together.
11. For topping, mix together fruits and sugar till sugar melts. Keep aside to cool.
12. To assemble, spread 1/2 cup frosting on first layer of the cake and put some topping on.
13.Cover with the second layer spread the remaining frosting on top and sides of the cake. Garnish with the remaining topping and grated chocolate. Serve chilled