It's Christmas time, so let's get started with baking. I love cakes, muffins, cookies, yummy frostings....all divine!!! Although you can have them anytime but Christmas is the merriest time to satisfy the divine capacity of such indulgences. Starting with these whole wheat coconut cookies, which are easy to make and worth trying!!! I almost always use this recipe and it is one of my best recipe of coconut cookies which never fails. Hope you like it!!!!
You need1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup butter (I used clarified butter-ghee)
1/3 cup (heaped or more) powdered sugar
1/2 cup dried coconut (finely grated) + more for sprinkling
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essense
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon milk
Mixed fruit jam
2. Add coconut, vanilla essence and milk.
3. Melt butter completely and pour onto the flour mix.
4. Knead the fine crumbs until it forms a ball.
5. Now divide the dough into 15 equal parts and give them flat cookie shape (1/4 inch thick).
6. Wet the top of cookies with milk and sprinkle some coconut.
7.Lastly make a small dent at the center of each cookie and fill it with jam.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and last 3 minutes switch the top rods on. Bake till golden brown. (keep checking the cookies , every oven is different)
9. Remove them from the oven and cool completely on the wire rack.