Plums are a juicy, sweet and tart taste power food. They are an excellent source of antioxidants and have a good amount of vitamins and minerals. I like having them raw but using them in recipes, is a good experience. They have a very unique tarty, sweet and sour taste which brings a new touch to your recipes. Well, this sauce recipe is quite easy and very spicy and I always use it as a sandwich spread with any filling at hand. Last week, I tried these salami sandwiches using this sauce. They were very tasty.
Everybody loves peanut butter and a good combo of peanut butter and plums gives this sauce a nice creamy texture and a nutty taste. Nothing is as good as homemade peanut butter, which is so easy to make (soon I'll post it). So the freshness of plums, goodness of peanut butter and the spiciness of chillies makes this sauce a worth try. Hope you will like it!!! Get the recipe here!!
You Need10-15 medium sized fresh plums
3 cloves garlic
2 dried red chillies
2 tablespoons Peanut butter
handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
Method1. Soak red chillies in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Roughly chop plums, discard the seeds.
3. In a pan, add a little oil and fry garlic till golden brown. Add plums and sugar. Stir till plums are soft and caramelised. Keep aside to cool.
4. Blend together plums, peanut butter, soaked chillies, basil leaves and vinegar. Make a smooth paste.
5. Season the sauce with chilli powder, pepper powder and salt.
6. Lastly add EVOO and mix well. ENJOY!!!!