Happy Diwali to all of you! Well one more day to go for sweets, without a care, then have to get back to fitness -conscious diets. Anyways, this recipe is very delicious. I love pumpkins and coconuts and this recipe has both. I used to think that almost all diwali sweets recipes are similar, but trust me it's all about using ingredients in perfect proportions, and that creates a perfect sweet, with it's own distinguished taste. This recipe finishes my Diwali special week. Hope you like them all!!
You need1 kg pumpkin
1 ltr milk (for khoya)
3 cups fresh coconut (grated)
3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
3\4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1\2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1/2 cup water (or more)
Method1. Boil milk and keep stirring till it thickens and looks like a dough. This will be around a cup of khoya or more.
2. Peel and cut pumpkin. Cook in water on high flame till soft.
3. When cooled, puré the pumpkin.
4. In a pan, heat ghee and cook pumpkin purée for 5 minutes.
5. Add sugar and khoya. Cook till thickens.
6. Now add nuts, cardamom and cinnamon powder.
7. Lastly add coconut and mix well.
8. Serve hot.