Another no sugar sweet but still sweet haha! Diwali shopping is at its peak, really love new style diyas in the market, very colourful n catchy! This recipe is very easy to make though preparation time takes a little longer, but tastes good. I have used dried dates but you can use any dates you have. Hope you will like it!!
You need1 1\2 ltrs milk
2 cups dates (dried)
1\2 cup raisins
3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
Pinch of nutmeg
1\2 cup nuts
water as required
Method1. Boil milk and reduce it to 2 1\2 cups . Your condensed milk is ready.
2 Meanwhile soak raisins and dates in warm water for 1\2 an hour (if using other dates, skip soaking dates). Deseed and chop dates.
3. Blend dates and raisins into a smooth paste. Add enough water for smooth blending.
4. In a pan, heat ghee and cook the paste for 5 minutes.
5. Now add condensed milk and cook till the mix thickens.
6. Lastly add nutmeg and nuts. Mix well.
7. Spread on a flat surface and let it cool.
8. Once cooled, make 20 balls or give then any shape you like. Place them in refrigerator.