Happy Sunday to all of you!!! Today is the sixth day of my corn week. This time I've come up with these patties. I always use a vegetable as a base for patties, but this time I recalled a recipe which I tried long ago, I took semolina (suji) as a binding base instead. You can add vegetables of choice but since it's a corn week here, corns were must for these patties. The recipe is easy, and very fulfilling (I couldn't have anything for dinner after having them...:D). Hope you like it!!! Get the recipe here!
You need1 cup semolina
2 cups milk
1 cup water
1 cup grated cottage cheese/paneer (see homemade cheese here)
1 cup corn kernels (boiled)
1-2 carrots (grated)
handful of coriander leaves (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
2. Once roasted, add milk and water and stir till the semolina thickens and looks like a dough. Keep aside on a plate to cool.
3. When cooled enough to handle, add cheese, corns, corrot(s), garlic and coriander leaves.
4. Season it with cumin powder, oregano, red chilli powder, salt and pepper.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and make 16 equal balls and flatten them with your palms, giving them a patty shape.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and shallow fry 8 patties from both sides. Do the same with the remaining 8 patties.
7. Serve them with tomato sauce.