My sweet tooth made me try this recipe. This is a dairy-free kheer and since it's a corn week on my blog, I've used corns for the taste and for the thickness. I have already eaten a bowl for the sake of "just tasting it"...hehe. So, gonna enjoy this tonight. Hope you'll like it! Get the recipe here!
You need1 cup rice
2 corn cobs
3 cups coconut milk (homemade or store bought)
1 cup dried dates
1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup (if needed)
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
pinch of cinnamon
few drops vanilla essence
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup nuts of your choice
water (where and how much is mentioned in the recipe)
Method1. Wash and then soak rice for 15 minutes.
2. Also soak dated in warm water for 15 minutes. Then blend them into a paste using little water. Keep aside
3. Remove the husk and boil corns till soft. Then cut the corn kernels with a sharp knief and blend the corns with 2 cups of water. Strain the mix and keep aside.
4. Cook rice in 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk.
5. When rice are cooked, add other 2 cups of coconut milk, corn blend and dates paste. Mix well.
6. Now put sugar, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, grated coconut and nuts.
7. Cook till the kheer becomes thick and creamy.
8. Serve chilled or warm your choice.