Monday 5 September 2016

Cucumber -Coconut Pasta Salad

Are you bored of tomato and cheesy pasta? Then you must try this pasta recipe! I have tried this recipe many times before sharing it with you (that's what I always do) and trust me every time it got appreciated. The star ingredient here is the coconut. It adds wonder to any dish it is added to, isn't it? Although it has started raining here but still sometimes the weather gets hot, and a Pasta salad is just perfect .

Well I had been a little unwell lately, so I was kind of away all this time. But the food was always on my mind. I could hardly managed to cook and posting a recipe was way beyond for me... Hehe! But I am glad that I am curing myself through natural ways and I am so impressed by the power of every day food. I would like to share my experience in my coming posts soon. Anyways, back to the salad, this tasty pasta salad is simply quick and easy recipe. The yogurt and cucumber also make the salad perfect for summers. So try this Pasta recipe and cook the natural way!




you need 

200 g pasta (any shape)
3/4 cup thick yogurt
2 tablespoon honey
2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
1/3 desiccated coconut
2-3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 tablespoon black currants
few almonds (sliced)
handful of fresh mint leaves (chopped)
handful of fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2  teaspoon white pepper powder
Salt to taste

Method 

1. Cook pasta as per the instructions given on the pack. Keep aside to cool completely.

2. In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, honey, garlic, oregano, oil, salt and pepper.

3. Now add cucumbers, mint and coriander leaves. Toss well.

4. Lastly mix pasta, coconut and black currants. Transfer the salad on a tray or bowl and garnish with almonds and coriander leaves.

Serves 4


6 comments:

  1. A different & tasty salad............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! This is interesting recipe. Looks delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just love the sound of this healthy and delicious pasta. I will have to give it a go sometime! :)

    Anu
    http://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are well now, different and delicious salad..

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW pasta with cucumber & coconut sounds interesting recipe..yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a unique and delicious recipe. A great innovative idea. a must try. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete