Today it is my second mango recipe post here. This challenge is making me idea-less, as mango has a fantastic taste of its own, no matter what we make out of it, it's original taste beats all!! I taste my recipe and then the mango, the mango always wins...lol!!! But still I'm in. Anyways, this rice recipe is my favorite. It literally confuses you, you can't decide whether it is sweet or hot and spicy. All the fresh and simple ingredients make this recipe really special. So give it try and cook the natural way!! Hope you like it!!!
1 1/2 cup rice
2 3/4 cup water
1 inch long cinnamon stick
4-5 mangoes (chopped) (approx 4 cups)
bunch of fresh coriander leaves
1-2 dried red chilli(es)
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
4 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
Method1. Wash the rice, rinse and soak them in 2 3/4 cup of water for 5 -8 minutes. Then add the cinnamon stick and cook them in the same water and till done.
2. Meanwhile, soak red chilli(es) in warm water for few minutes, till soft.
3. Blend together mangoes, coriander leaves, garlic and chili(es) and make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
4. In a wok, heat oil, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let them crackle.
5. Add the mango paste, salt, pepper and after 1 minute add cooked rice. Mix well.
6. Serve with fresh mango slices and garnish with chopped onions.