Winter is here and in winters I crave for something warm, comforting and in short that means Pasta!! :))) A pasta treat is a yummy good break from the regular routine meals. I love trying pasta recipes and this one is one of my favourites. When you roast tomatoes, they have a very unique tangy salty flavor and that is the soul of this pasta recipe!!! I love the simplicity of this recipe. So go get some tomatoes roasted and try this recipe and yes, always cook the natural way!!!
You needPasta (approx 600g)
750g tomatoes (cut in half)
3-4 garlic cloves
handful of fresh basil leaves (plus more for garnishing)
2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon pepper (or more)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
salt to taste
1. Spread tomatoes, garlic and basil leaves on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil. Roast at 200 C for about 20-25 minutes or till tomatoes wrinkle.
2. Meanwhile cook pasta in salted boiling water till al dante. (Reserve some water)
3. Now grind together roasted tomatoes, garlic and basil leaves and make a purée.
4. In a pan, pour the tomato purée. Add italian seasoning, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for a minute.
5. Now add pasta with some reserved water (1/4 cup). Toss for a minute and then add cheddar cheese. Mix well to coat.
6. In a baking pan, put the pasta and sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil leaves on top. Put it in the oven at 200C for 5-8 minutes. Serve hot!