You need1 chicken (cut into medium pieces)
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon mace powder
1/2 dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon oil
7 medium tomatoes
8-10 garlic cloves
1 inch long ginger
1 green chilli
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (optional)
1 tablespoon cream
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
Method1. Clean the chicken. Mix all the marinade ingredients well. Marinate the chicken for about half an hour.
2. Meanwhile, make a slit on tomatoes and put them in boiling water for 3 minutes. When cooled, drain and peel off their skin.
3. Blend together tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chilli. Make a smooth puree. Keep aside.
4. Now, heat a wide pan (or you can use a wok), roast the chicken for 30-45 minutes or till done. Keep turning the chicken in between.
5. Side by, heat oil in another pan, cook prepared tomato puree till it leaves oil to the side. Add cream and season with red chilli powder (if using) and salt. Mix well. Keep aside.
6. To serve, place the chicken in a bowl (to keep it warm a little longer) and pour the tomato gravy on top. Garnish with greens and enjoy it (can be paired with naan as well)!!