Every food-blogger is in love with their blog. For them, each and every recipe they cook, click, share and post is like their baby!! So it is for me as well, I love all the efforts I put in here. Although all our recipes are special to us but still there are some recipes which are our favourite. They have helped us to understand cooking and thus enhancing our cooking skills. This recipe is one such! I am a self-taught baker, baking still makes me nervous but when I get the desired results, it is so satisfying. So a successful baking attempt means a lot to me and makes me so happy. Well, this cake is just perfect in every sense. I can eat this all, without sharing!!. I often bake this cake before our evening tea times. I love it's texture and flavors. Apricots with orange, believe me, tastes great!! And in this festive time, this cake can be a big hit! So try this awesome cake and let the Christmas Celebrations continue......
You need1 & 1/3 cup all-purpose-flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup dried apricots (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt (a pinch)
Method1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Line an 8 inches pan with wax paper. Keep aside.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs till frothy (about 2-3 minutes). Gradually add sugar and mix till sugar dissolves (about 1-2 minutes). Add butter, vanilla and orange zest and mix lightly.
4. Now gradually fold in flour mix (3 tablespoon at a time).
5. Add orange juice and make a smooth batter. Put in apricots and gently fold them in too.(do not overdo)
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or till knife inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
7. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.