I don't eat rice much but I love them. Rice goes well with any kind of flavour. It is for me a comfort food. Whenever I'm not in a mood of cooking, I try my rice recipes and it always save the day. Brown rice are considered to be the healthiest rice but that doesn't mean white rice are bad for your health. This recipe is easy but a good balance of sweet n sour taste, makes it special. I had some pomegranate quietly lying in my refrigerator, waiting for their turn :), I wanted to use them differently and that's how this recipe came up. Honestly , I won't say this is my best rice recipe, but it tasted very good and I would like try it again. Hope you like it too! Get the recipe here!
You need2 cups long grain rice
3 3/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 red onions (thinly sliced)
2 capsicums (chopped)
3 tomatoes (pureed)
1/4 cup raisins
1 star anise
2 black cardamoms
5 green cardamoms
1 inch long cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
1 teaspoon pepper powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoon lemon juice (and more)
2 tablespoon white vinegar
5 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
2. Now boil rice in 3 3/4 cups of water and salt. Cook till rice are cooked (do not overboil). keep aside
3. In a wok, heat oil and fry cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and star anise.
4. Now add onions and cook till brown.
5. Then add capsicums and raisins. Cook for a minute and put all the powder spices and herbs.
6. Keep stirring the mixture and put tomatoes, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Cook till tomatoes are done.
7. Turn off the burner, mix the rice well with prepared mixture.
8. Finally add pomegranates seeds. Mix well
9. Serve with lemon, any vegetable side and sweet curd!