Another weekend gone and we are all back to our routines. phew!!! Life is like that sometimes new, sometimes phew :D, but still it's beautiful. Anyways, enjoyed this chicken recipe last night and it was a big hit. The sourness of buttermilk, the sweetness of honey and the hint of mint, give this dish a very nice fresh taste. Hope you like it!! Get the recipe here!!
You need1 kg chicken
2 lemons (cubed)
1 teaspoon dried mint leaves See here
5 garlic cloves
olive oil (to drizzle)
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon salt (or more)
1 tablespoon pepper powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Method1. Clean the chicken.
2. In a bowl, put all the marinade ingredients. Mix well.
3. Marinate the chicken in the marinade for at least 6 hours or overnight.
4. In a shallow baking tray, put chicken with lemons and garlic.
5. Sprinkle crushed dried mint leaves.
6. In a preheated oven, roast chicken at 225 C for 45-50 minutes.
7. Serve with salad.