Ok it's MY BIRTHDAY today!!! Despite being busy these days, I don't want to spend my birthday without you guyz!! So today I am here with one of my favourite cake recipe!! Hope you like it, bake it and remember me while enjoying it. If you try this cake I am sure you gonna love me more....hahaha....it is so tasty!! And it could be a perfect cake for DIWALI as well!!!! I just wanna thanks you all for being here today and I love you all for you have always cook the natural way with me!!!
1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1 cup sugar (powdered)
1\3 cup butter
1\3 cup cocoa powder
3 tablespoon warm water
1\2 cup milk
1\2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1\2 teaspoon baking soda
1\4 teaspoon salt
For chocolate sauce
1\4 cup cocoa powder
1\2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon boiling water
1\4 cup butter
1\4 cup crushed almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Line an 8 inch cake pan with butter paper and grease with little oil. Keep aside.
2. Add warm water to the cocoa powder and make a paste. Keep aside. Sieve together flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs till lemony in colour (about 3 minutes). gradually add sugar and mix till sugar dissolves. Now add butter and whisk gently to mix.
3. Alternately fold in flour mix and milk to the eggs. Now add cocoa mix and vanilla. Mix gently.
4. Now pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake till 30-35 minutes or till knife comes out clean when inserted. Cool the cake on wire rack completely. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.
5. For the sauce, mix together sugar, cocoa powder, boiling water and butter . Whisk for a minute. Keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. On serving the cake, whisk the sauce again and pour it onto the cake. Sprinkle crushed almonds and Enjoy!!!
Note:- If you find mixing chocolate paste a little difficult, you can add the chocolate paste to the milk used in the batter (not more milk).