I love herbs a lot, I can't imagine my cooking without them. I always abide by using less oil, sugar and salt, and more herbs. Their flavour gives any recipe a new dimension. And parmesan cheese is ....what to say....it's yumm!! This rice recipe has both and I love it! I serve this dish with a very simple stir fry vegetable recipe which is on my Facebook page (CLICK HERE FOR THE RECIPE)
You need2 cups rice
3 3/4 cups water
1 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
7-8 garlic cloves
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup grated cheese + more for topping
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (or more)
1/4 teaspoon all spice powder
2-3 tomatoes (sliced)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Method1. Wash and rinse rice. Cook in 3 3/4 cups of water. When rice comes to boil, simmer the flame and cook till done.
2. Meanwhile, blend together parsley, coriander, garlic and oil till smooth.
3. In a big vessel, add the parsley purée and stir for a minute.
4. Now add 1/2 cup grated cheese and milk. Stir till cheese melts.
5. Season with salt, pepper and all spice powder.
6. Mix the cooked rice with the prepared parsley mixture. Coat well. Check seasoning.
7. Now in a casserole, layer half of the rice. Sprinkle a pinch of all spice powder. Then layer other half of rice.
8. Arrange tomato slices, sprinkle italian seasoning, parmesan and grated cheese on top. Bake in preheated oven at 200 C for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.