My last week went very busy but the weekends were quite relaxing :). I went easy on cooking too and had this easy yet flavourful vegetable recipe. I love to eat vegetables (and sometimes only vegetables!!). This season we planted many of them, and now I am eagerly waiting for the results. Nothing is equal to the freshness of homegrown veggies and also it bring along a sense of satisfaction and happiness. Well, this recipe is simple with ingredients easy to find at home. It goes well with all kinds of breads. So try this someday and cook the natural way!! Hope you like it!!
You need1/2 kg cauliflower (cut in florets)
250g beans (cut lengthwise)
1 large potato (cut in medium size pieces)
5 garlic cloves
1 inch long ginger
4 tomatoes (chopped)
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
2 black cardamoms
1/2 inch long cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
1. Grind together onions, ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
2. In a wok (kadai), heat oil and fry cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black cardamoms and cinnamon till fragrant.
3. Add onion paste and cook till it leaves oil to the side . Add curry powder and tomatoes. Cook till tomatoes get soft.
4. Now add cauliflower, beans , potato, tumeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and a little water. Cook covered till vegetables are done (10-15 minutes) on medium flame.
5. Season it with salt and enjoy with naan, roti or bread!!