250 g Paneer (cottage cheese) MAKE HOMEMADE COTTAGE CHEESE
3 medium onions
1 inch long ginger
7-8 cloves garlic (medium)
6 medium tomatoes
1 medium capsicum (chopped)
1 teaspoon coriander stem
2 green chillies
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 green cardamoms
1 black cardamom
2 pieces star anise (not the whole)
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala (strong)
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
1 cup water
1-2 tablespoon cream
2 tablespoon oil (plus 1 tablespoon more)
1. Wash and make a slit on tomatoes. put them in boiling water for few minutes. Drain and peel the skin off. Blend the tomatoes to make a puree and keep aside.
2. In another pan, add 1 tablespoon oil and fry onions, ginger, garlic, chillies and cashewnuts till a little brown colour. Cool and grind into a paste.
3. In a wok (kadai), heat 2 tablespoon oil. Add cumin seeds, cardamoms, bay leaves and star anise. Fry till fragrant.
4. Now turn the flames low. Add coriander stems, coriander powder, turmeric, chilli powder and a little salt. Fry for few seconds and add prepared onion-cashew paste. Cook on medium flames till the onions leave the oil to the side.
5. Add capsicum and tomato puree. Mix well and pour the water and season with salt. Cook till you get the desired thickness of the gravy.
6. Lastly add sugar, salt, garam masala cream and cottage cheese. Cook for another minute and garnish with coriander leaves and ginger julliennes. Serve hot with naan or rice. Enjoy!!!