Cauliflower and sweetpotato combo is just perfect and super healthy. Together they provide great doze of vitamins and minerals. They both are a very good source of B- vitamins, Vitamin C, vitamin D,magnesium, potassium and fibres. They both are easy to digest. Well, I also like to add any kind of seed available (flax, sunflower or so) to make these fritters even healthier. So do play with vegetables and try interesting combinations that taste good and add to your health. As for now try these fritters , enjoy summer and always cook the natural way!!!
2 cups cauliflower ( grated)
3 spring onions (only green part chopped)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
3-4 teaspoon dried mango powder (or 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice)
1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (or more)
1 green chilli (finely chopped)
2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tablespoon rice flour
salt and pepper (to taste)
Oil (for shallow frying)
For tomato sauce
1 green chilli
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon EV olive oil
Salt (to taste)
1. Mash potatoes with all the fritter ingredients except oil. Mix well and make 12-15 balls. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, flatten each ball between your hands and shallow fry them on a medium flame.
3. Turn the fritters over once and fry the other side too till crisp brown.( add more oil, if needed)
4. For the tomato sauce, blend all the ingredients in a blender. (You can also strain the sauce, if you want)
5. Optionally, you can make a simple cucumber and spring onion salad. Simply toss them with rock salt and lemon juice.
6. To plate, pour some sauce, place the fritter on it and top it up with the salad. ENJOY!!