I am back with yet another spinach recipe, which went so good with chicken. I love spinach and I always try to use it differently. This recipe is simple but the homemade spice mix gives this recipe a perfect taste and Coriander leaves marinade gives chicken a fresh herby hint. Hope you like it!!
You need1 kg chicken
3 cups chopped spinach (lightly packed)
4-5 medium onions (thinly sliced)
1 inch long ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3-4 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
1 cup curd
1\2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1\2 teaspoon red chilli powder
handful of fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon peanuts
2 black cardamoms
4 green cardamoms
2 dried bay leaves
2 dried red chillies
Method1.Mix all marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
2. In a pan, dry roast all the spices, cool and grind them into powder. Keep aside.
3. In a wok, heat oil and fry onions till brown (takes about 15 minutes)
4. Add ginger and spinach. cook till water evaporates.
5. Now add only 2 tablespoon of spice mix and stir for few minutes till fragrant. (Store rest of the spice mix in an airtight glass jar. Can be used later for other dishes)
6. Put the marinated chicken in and coat well with the ready masala. Add water, cover and cook till done.
7. Lastly add grated nutmeg (about 1/8 teaspoon) and salt.Garnish with green chillies and enjoy with roti or rice!!