Ok, now you know how to make your own cottage cheese at home, if not click here. This recipe I created when I had guests coming over and I wanted to do something special. This recipe is good if you want to do something fancy with rice. Although the recipe looks a bit complex but trust me it is very easy. Now impress your guests and family, the way I did, with this easy recipe, Hope you like it too! Get the recipe here
For Rice you need250g rice (soaked for about 15 minutes)
2 medium sized onions (thinly sliced)
1 cup peas
1 carrot (grated)
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3-4 cups of water
juice of one lemon
1tsp chilli powder
1tbsp coriander powder
1tsp garam masala (optional)
salt to taste
2tsp cumin seeds
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise ( a must have in this recipe)
For Sauce you need3 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
2 cups spinach (blanched)
6-7 cherry tomatoes
For cottage cheese you need500g cheese
2tbsp soya sauce
salt and pepper
2. In the meanwhile, heat oil and add cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and star anise. Then add ginger-garlic paste and onions.
3. Season it with chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala (if using) and salt. Put the peas and carrot in.
4. After roasting the masala mix for a minute add lemon juice, vinegar, soaked rice and water. cook for 15 minutes or till the rice cooks well.
5. For sauce, sauté tomato and spinach. Mix all the ingredients in 2 cups of water. Pour the mixture on the veggies and cook till the sauce thickens.
6. Now it's time to grill the marinated cottage cheese.
7. And now the presentation work- put the rice first, pour the sauce, put the cheese on it (I put it with the skewers in) and again pour some more sauce.......I think this is enough to make an impression :)
Enjoy and have a great time!!!