Hello everyone, Happy day to you all! I know you must be very busy with your Christmas preparations. Be it home or a room makeover, make-ahead meals, shopping, guests, to name a few, . Still you need to keep the home festive-ready, need to cook festive treats and need to entertain guests. So few no-fuss recipes is what you need to make your work easier. And this recipe, with few ingredients, would just serve the purpose. Although it has very few ingredients, the way it is cooked, is what brings out an amazing taste!
Lemon with any herb is a heavenly combination, isn't it? This chicken recipe has a beautiful lemoney flavour with the freshness of thyme. It is not a very spicy dish, but has a mild-elegant taste. And brining, yes the magic factor, takes any meat recipe to another level. I wet-brined for this recipe. With few spices, the brining creates a smooth spicy hint to the dish. So get the recipe down below and try it out and impress your family and friends. Wishes from cook the natural way!!!
6 chicken breasts
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoon sugar
1 star anise
2 bay leaves
few pepper corns
ice (enough to cool the water)
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
3-4 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon pepper (or more)
salt (1 tablespoon or more)
1. Prepare the brine :- In a large vessel, heat enough water to cover the chicken (do not boil the water). Add the spices too.
2. Turn off the heat and add enough ice to cool the water. Let the water cool completely (Never add chicken to the warm water). Keep the brined chicken into the refrigerator for a day or at least for 8 hours.
3. Once the chicken has totally absorbed the flavours, discard the brine (water). Pat dry the chicken pieces well.
4. Prepare the marinade and marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven at 220 C.
6. Arrange the breasts on a baking sheet( with the marinade). Place same lemon wedges and thyme springs on each breast.
7. Cover the baking sheet with aluminium foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
8. During the last 10 minutes, uncover the chicken and put under broiler till brown on top. Serve with any green chutney.